You may be wondering... for all the discs I review, which golf discs do I carry in my bag? Well, I am going to start a monthly (or some similar time frame) series of blog posts detailing which golf discs I carry and why. Please feel free to comment with your opinions and your own list of golf discs.
- Discraft Surge SS (FLX plastic) - My main driver...i can make it do pretty much whatever I want. Also my anhyzer driver
- Discraft XL (Elite X) - Perfect for straight drives down narrow fairways. My ultimate utility driver. When in doubt, I throw my Discraft XL
- Discraft XL (150 g) - I carry this lighter version because it carries so well. I usually pull this disc out on long, wide open fairways
- Discraft Predator ESP - My only choice for long dog-leg lefts. I don't use it often, but it gets the job done very nicely when I do.
- Discraft Meteor ESP - Very long anhyzer mid-range. I can throw it almost as long as some drivers.
- Discraft BUZZZ-D - Flies so straight and predictable. The only disc I really need to play a round of 18.
- Innova Roc - My backup mid-range. I am still experimenting with it. I tend to use it on shorter mid-range shots where I need some touch.
- Discraft Banger GT - I prefer this putter for hyzer and anhyzer putts
- Discraft Rattler - A nice approach disc, but also great for short-distance, straight on putts. This is also a great uphill putter for me.
Go ahead and try out some of these great discs. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! I'd love to hear some comments about what you use and why. Am I full of it? Let me know.
-Happy Disc Golf Travels