Pyramids Disc Golf Course is my favorite disc golf course. This play has it all, open, tight, long, short, doglegs, elevation, and one of the best and most famous pro shops in all of the North East- Marshall Street Disc Golf. This course is located on a great piece of land that has a stream running through 8 of the holes. Being on privet land, it is a pay to play course (the only down side to the course). The maintenance on this course is like no other I’ve ever seen. There is hardly any litter around the course and the course is constantly being improved. The course has two different baskets for each hole, creating a gold and silver layout. The gold course is the longer, more challenging course that offers plenty of birdie opportunities, if you can make a good drive and upshot. The silver course really tests your ability to make great drives and to convert 15-30 ft putts. Each lay out tests yours skills and rewards you for good throws.
-2 lay outs
- Great balance of shots i.e. backhand/forehand, hyzer/anhyzer, long/short, open/tight
- Super clean
- Home of the Marshall Street Disc Golf store!!!!!! Best selection, best service, and the best prices!
- Great elevations shots
- Great use of over water shots
- Tons of the small detail touches to make a course great! (benches around, tables at every hole, great Tee signs, bridges over water, warm up driving net, DDC court)
- Creative hole design
-Jason Southwick- this man has done so much for disc golf in New England, and he is quite the character.
- Pay to play (although I don’t mind paying to play this course, its worth it)
- Some of the holes zigzag and errant drives and become dangerous for other players.
So over all, I give this course a 5 out of 5! There are such for negative things about this course that they really don’t come in to factor about the course. This should be on every player’s must play course list. You really can’t find a better maintained course. Plus you can’t find a course with such an extensive and amazing pro shop!